Shareholic

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

White Dog/Gray Dog



"Inside of me there are two dogs.The gray dog is mean and angry.The white dog is good and kind.The gray dog fights the white dog all day."
The question here is : which dog wins? the real answer is : "The one I feed the most." I identify with the above wisdom when I find myself struggling between the forces that help me expand my comfort zone: the good things that I want to accomplish, against the forces that want to maintain the status quo: My insecurities and negativity. The story of the white dog / gray dog has helped me categorize the patterns I have inside me. This lets me catch myself and manage the gray dog by turning my attention to what really serves me and not the voices of internal struggle. You too can stop feeding your gray dog.


No comments: