Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BEWARE – DANGERS INSIDE THE HOUSE



Recently I read one news item from a local newspaper. I reproduce here below the contents of the news item for the benefit of the readers.
“It was during one midnight by around 12.00 p.m. everybody was sleeping in the house in different bed rooms. Suddenly I heard the voice of my father. On hearing his loud cry, everybody started moving into his bed room. The ceiling fan in the bed room had fallen on his head; however, there was not much damage to him. We immediately took him to the nearby hospital and he was given first aid treatment and after completing various tests like X-ray and scanning, the doctors informed that there was no need to get panicky over the incident. He was in the hospital for a week and after a fortnight he became normal and started attending to his duties.
Once the ceiling fan is fitted, people are rarely servicing the fan and many people are not evincing much interest in taking care of the fans.  We switch on the fan when we require its services and then switch it off. At least once in six months, the fan should be removed from its place checked and serviced properly and has to be fitted in the ceiling thereafter in order to protect the interests of everybody in the house.”

No comments: