As the questions are leading and suggestive, the Managers would themselves know what the right answers are and what they lack.
A manager who possesses good managerial and leadership qualities will never see his business organization fall.
01. Are you a person of good principles ?
02. Are life’s pleasures too much for you, to the point of overburdening you, or are they just enough to satisfy you ?
03. Are you consistent in the practice of economic principles both in business and personal life ? Do you avoid conspicuous consumption of wealth and showy living ?
04. Have you divided your time rightly between pursuit of virtues, wealth-generation and entertainments, or are you overindulging in pleasure with the newly acquired position and wealth ?
05. Do you keep a watchful eye on what your associates, competitors and frustrated employees are doing ?
06. After evaluating your strengths and weaknesses, will you keep an updated note of your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses too ?
07. Are you neutral to those who are neutral to you in your business pursuit ?
08. Do you ensure that your managers/officers are virtuous ? Are they of good family background and thoughtful of your organisation’s welfare ? Are they able to distinguish between should-be done and should-not-be-done ? Managers/officers are the pillars of your organization. Are they well versed in their subjects ? Do they know how to keep a secret ? Are you sure that they are not susceptible to the influence of your competitors, your customers or your opponents ?
09. In crucial decisions, do you consult experienced and wise men ? Do you have too many advisors ? Too many of them can drive you mad. Is your secretariat kept fully secret ? Can you allocate priorities to your tasks linking them with usefulness to your business ?
10. Do you sleep too much ? Are you awake when required ? Do you keep your telephone receiver off at nights ? At nights, will you think of what needs to be done the next day and in the near future ? Or will you drink away or sleep away your nights ?
11. Are you in the habit of starting something impulsively, abandoning it suddenly, and then restarting either the same thing or something else without a definite plan ?
12. Do you entrust work to undependable and corrupt assistants ? Do you generally take care not to divulge to anyone such part of the plans of any major action as can be used to frustrate it ?
13. Are you prepared to accept one learned and efficient key man rather than a number of useless fools, so that there is at least one person to help you substantially and usefully when you are in need ?
14. Do you take blind leaps into the dark or calculated jumps with the required precision and precaution ?
15. Are you sufficiently courageous, self-disciplined and clear thinking ?
16. Do you practice or encourage jealousy and pettiness ?
17. Do you take pains to appoint only responsible persons in responsible posts ? Or do you appoint the first-seen candidate overlooking his inadequacies, because either you lack patience to give minute attention to such matters or you consider them unimportant ?
18. Are you capable of ensuring that your managers/officers are not corrupt or indolent and would not be bribed by your competitors and your customers ? Will you be able to ensure that your business secrets are not passed on to others by your so-called loyal employees in disguise, or by yourself foolishly or by your managers/officers who are not shrewd ?
19. Do you yourself have an unimpeachable integrity as shining example ?
20. Are you in the habit of showing highhandedness ?
21. Do you ever show signs of laziness which will make your staff doubles lazy ? Can others draw inspiration from your initiative and enthusiasm ?
22. Do you know the importance of timely payment of wages and making available essential amenities to your employees especially when they are posted in underdeveloped workplaces ?
23. Do you believe in honouring well-versed and capable persons ? Will you respectfully regard them even when they are your employees ?
24. Do you give the confidence to your men that if they give their lives for you, you will support their widows and children ?
25. Are you always absolutely impartial ? Do you value the society’s respect for you as an impartial man ?
26. Are you clever enough to take advantage of your competitor’s weakness ?
27. Do you have a flair for public relations or environmental relations ? Can you praise people in a natural way and get along with different types of people with ease ?
28. If somebody known to you wins an award or gets a promotion will you go and see him or telephone him or at least send him a note sincerely congratulating him ?
29. Will you take care to learn the right etiquette for different occasions and mix with people without inferiority complex, avoiding awkwardness ?
30. Can you hide ill-feelings ?
31. Do you generally have a conciliatory approach in conflicting situations ?
32. Do you believe in training yourself and those serving you under the best available experts, even if it costs more ?
33. Will you be clever enough to reap the harvest and fill your granary before declaring a war, so that there is no famine during the war ? In a business situation, this principle will be relevant in many ways. For example before you declare a lockout or suspend work as a business strategy, collect all possible payments from your clients and debtors, and ensure the welfare of your loyal employees and safety of your assets
34. Will you be able to watch your men continuously to be sure that they remain trust-worthy ? Circumstances could spoil them at any time
35. Do you openly indulge in drinking, gambling or womanizing, disregarding the public opinion and your employees impressions ? Will people ever see in public without dignity ?
36. Do you show weakness in money matters ?
37. Do you give gifts to deserving persons, befitting the occasion ?
38. Do you have an eye for every detail concerning your personal and business matters, with a touch of perfection ?
39. Do you give timely first attention to external matters concerning your business, instead of remaining tied down with internal administration which you can do at your convenience even after office hours ?
40. Are you always deep and analytical in your thinking or do you act on impulses ? And what about your talks ? Are the words and expressions carefully chosen ?
41. Do you look ahead and plan things well in advance and run your organization so that everything happens as a routine, without emergencies, last-minute rush and confusion ?
42. Do you spot out persons who misappropriate your wealth and/or show weak-will and immaturity in their work, and them remove them ?
43. Do you divulge secrets in the presence of possibly loosetongued persons ? Are you generally alert ? Do you know that unguarded talks in your car, in an aircraft or train compartment can carry your words far and wide ?
44. Do you wish to be known as a strong man with reasonable an compassionate understanding who cannot be easily fooled, or as a “goody-goody” boss who can be carried away, robbed, fooled and then ridiculed, or as a terror ?
45. Do you believe in systematic and methodical working or somehow-do-it way of unsystematic working ? Do you know that an unorganized work takes much longer time to complete han would an organized similar work ?
46. Are you prepared to accept changes for greater success any number of times ? Or you always a conservative ?
47. Do you run to your people’s help if a situation warrants, so that they respect you as their own father and feel secure under you, and thereby they will do more and better work for you ?
48. Have you resolved to conduct yourself with dignity everywhere and thereby command respect ?
49. Do you treat your customer as VIP even if he is an unimpressive person ?
50. Do you try to be economical in using words, unless you have to outspeak somebody in some tough business bargain ?
51. Are you ever sarcastic in your talk ? Do you know how to tak guarded “sweet-nothings” when it is just to fill time or to entratail comsbody ?
52. Do you punish the guilty and honour the innocent without any consideration for personal likes or relationship ?
53. Can people deposit their trust in your and feel safe ?
54. Are you greedy / Do you believe in getting unearned money and becoming rich overnight ?
55. Do you use diplomacy or might, first ?
56. Have you ever thought how you would have liked your organization if you were the juniormost man working in it ?
57. Do you publicly pat people on their back for their good performance to encourage them ?
58. Do you know the importance of good communication-skill, impressive writing and effective talking ?
59. Are you always a balanced person ?
60. If you have something unpleasant to tell some one, will you tell him in the presence of others so that he feels humiliated or call him alone and tell him so that it has a good effect ?
61. Do you patiently listen to what others have to say or cut them short and react ? Do you know that even the smallest person can sometimes give you wonderful ideas ?
62. Do you try to collect and understand the full facts of a case before taking a decision or give a decision based on available facts, even when you know that there are still undisclosed facts ?
63. Do you keep your wife informed of your gains and losses so that she cooperates with you when you pass through losses and financial problems ?
64. Do you easily admit excuses offered to you by incapable and insincere fellows ?
65. Are you in the habit of doing creative thinking ? Or you expect some other brilliant person to do all the thinking for you ?
66. Do you observe people’s behaviour and expressions keenly or you are superficial and shallow ? Can you see through others evil minds ?
67. Do you suffer from your false-ego problems ? Do you hide your inferiority complex by trying to be superior to others ?
68. When you deal with people, do you sincerely try to leave a lasting impression on their minds ?
69. Do you always remain alert to make use of the first available opportunity or wait for a bigger one which in this life time may not come ?
70. Do you know that your dread for public speaking is unnecessary because the most eloquent speaker of today had more stage-fright than you yesterday ?
71. Do you clear your day’s work every day without putting off something for the next day or always sit by the side of a huge heap of pending papers and files ? Do you know how to get some part of your work done by others with your perfection ?
72. Do you always wish for practical application of what you have learned ?
73. Are you discreet in all your approaches ? Do you plan even small things in order to avoid pitfalls ?
74. Do you cleverly avoid the company of undesirable persons whose association can harm you ? Do you know that you can get bad “brand names” without your knowledge ?
75. Are you meticulous in your dress, without overdressing but never ignoring decency, cleanliness, occasions and your position ?
76. Do you budget and plan the use of your time ?Do you know how to avoid time-wasters ?
77. Are you generally earnest in all matters you handle ?
78. Can you firmly say “No” with a smile ?
79. When you meet a business friend, do you straightway open your business talk or you at least enquire how he is and how his family members (known to you) are, and what are the changes in his personal life since your last meeting ?
80. Do you strive to evolve a code of your own high principles which will hold you aloft everywhere or your just want to live a run-of-the mill type life, like any other ordinary person ?
81. Do you have at least one extra-curricular activity which will relax you and keep you close to atleast one section of the society which matters ?
82. If you make rules, are you the first to observe them or your rules are meant only for others ?
83. Are you shy to ask for help when needed ? Do you know that while you as a lone individual may not be able to do things beyond a certain quantum, you can get unlimited volumes of work done in the best manner you want, if you know how to ask for help and from whom ?
84. If you make an open mistake, will you admit it openly with dignity or try to hide it or offer justifications ?
85. While you expect others to be loyal to you, are you loyal to others ?
86. While dealing with people, do you bear in mind that life is still very long and you are most likely to come across the same person again in the same life somewhere hereafter ?
87. Do you have the habit of writing down things in a diary and looking at them every morning for follow up ?
88. Do you avoid doing purely personal work during office hours, except as a part of social or professional service necessary as the top boss ?
89. Do you respect and follow others’ rules, even when you consider them inferior to your own ?
90. Do you expect your subordinates to be servile while dealing with you or you like them to behave as equals with respect and dignity ?
91. Do you fear and lack of confidence generally hunt you from within ?
92. Are you punctual everywhere ?
93. Are your approaches always positive or mostly negative ? Do you first say “impossible” ?
94. Can you counter a person’s points without offending him and without losing your temper ?
95. Do you know your limits in various situations ?
96. Do you know that any knowledge can be learned if only there is a will and that your age is no bar ?
97. Do you know that every human being has some disturbing problem and if you can manage to find out that and help him solve it, that person will do anything for you thereafter ?
98. Do you act in anger ? And are the letters and dismissal orders you write when you are angry kept for a second reading the next day before despatch ?
99. Do you know that the problems which worry you and frighten you most should be attended to first in order to make you mentally free ?
100.Do you know that your strength which you have not yet used is tremendous and exactly that the reason why it should be tried now ?
101.Do you know that there is nothing wrong in bringing office work home and completing it quietly instead of allowing it to accumulate and suffer ?
102. Do you re-read important documents and contracts at intervals so that vague memories do not mislead you or make you fumble ?
103.Are you an organized person with clear targets, and do you keep your work place tidy so that your mind also will be tidy devoid of confusion ?
104. Are you flexible and practical or rigid and stubborn ?
105. Will you encourage your men’s initiative and independence ?
106. Will you keep note of all relevant details of your employees whom you personally come across, so that you are able to enquire about their welfare and maintain a fatherly touch which will create lots of goodwill in them ?
107. Do you think that even when you become a much bigger man you will attend to your people’s reasonable grievances personally ?
108. Do you believe in team-work ?
109. Will you pass on to your employees a part of your gains or keep every gain to
110. Do you show sincere concern for the welfare of your people ?
111. Do you know that once you are caught bluffing, even if that was the only one of
Your whole life, all your statements, however honest they are, will be doubted ?
112. Have you thought that when you talk ill of a person to another, that somebody
Will know that you would talk ill of him too ?